Sunday, March 26, 2006

the land of waking up



Yesterday morning I paid for the internet to wake-me up. I used to make someone call me long distance to do it. You see, in my sleep I can not only hit snooze ... I can turn the alarm off, and I have unplugged it. This wake up call is sad, but not as sad as when the girl who sat next to me in highschool science offered to call my house to remind me to go to bed at night. I didn't even know her.

I work at 8 a.m. every Saturday and Sunday. I will never party on the weekend again. This lack of weekend drinking/outing is barely a noticable change, but I do wish I could be less shy and/or venture out alone on other days of the week to places that will not be really crowded and/or filled with friends. If I could do that I'd have gone to see the Magik Markers tonight, but I couldn't so I took a nap. The bassist from that band was in my class and I was curious ...

I think its from a link on their now missing website that I found this site which I read often for inexplicable reasons. I mean if I wrote about what I ate for lunch I could not possily make anyone care but this guy does. I also read this woman's site often, she is a really hip Mormon mother from New York. So you can see how I can relate.... being an unhip lapsed Catholic who couldn't even co-care for a cat and all.

update: I did not get a cat and then get rid of it. I am not an asshole or an idiot. I tried to care for the cat after my roommate abandoned it (to join the military), but it had no shots, had not been nutered, and started spraying everywhere. The vet wouldn't take care of it saying it was sick, her parents think it made their dog die, and when I told her all this she came home one weekend while I was at work and "got rid of the stinking animal". Then she said she was too emotionally distressed to have gotten rid of his stinking litter. Poor Indy!

Indy by the way, was named after India, which she wants to one day name her child. She is francophone and does not know that Indie music exists but I still felt such a loser to say his name.

2 Comments:

Blogger allie said...

i think you should write in your blog more often because i love everything you write.
you have this fantastic way of changing topic mid-way through, which is at first a little jarring, but then you realize it was a necessary tangent.

i feel sorry for the cat.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Single in the City said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Kathleen! Cute kitty, by the way. About my makeup organzing habits...I just bought the plastic caddies at Ikea and sorted the stuff by categories. C'est tout! It just makes it easier to find everything in the morning when I'm still half asleep :)

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home